Are Landlords Required to Provide Air Conditioning? Renting an Apartment Without AC

 Are Landlords Required to Provide Air Conditioning? Renting an Apartment Without AC



Renting an apartment without air conditioning in areas where it gets really hot can hard. Apartment units can reach up to 100 degrees in the summer. In early 2018 I graduated college and I was working for a media company that had a lot of potential with a lot of room for growth. At 23-year-old that wanted to explore but was limited because I was living in my parent’s basement.

Wanting to move out I wanted an apartment to call my own; I wanted to come home at any time I wanted without being questioned by my parents. Spending all of 2018 saving every cent I had, I sacrifice the best parties in town just so I wouldn’t have to spend money on gas and alcohol. I looked at apartment ads online to get an idea of what I was going to be spending each month.

Even though they seem a bit steep I wanted to take the chance. I told myself if I budget every month I would be just fine.

Landlords Can Be Cheap

Since it was my first apartment I wanted something small and affordable or how some people might call it “cheap”. I went to see a few one-bedroom apartments in the downtown San Diego, CA area. But they were way out of my budget, I would have to work over-time at least three times a week just to live comfortably in that area.


Continue reading here.

Comments